ChFC®, CLU®, CLF®
Thomasina Etheridge Skipper was born in Cleveland, Ohio. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in 1976 from Syracuse University with a major in Political Science and a minor in Economics. Thomasina began her career with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company in Cleveland, Ohio as a Personal Lines Underwriter.
In 1981, Thomasina left Fireman’s Fund Insurance Companies to become the Vice President and General Manager of Citizen Insurance Agency, an independent insurance agency which lead her to establish one of the first female-owned, independent insurance agencies in the state of Tennessee.
In 1986, Thomasina joined State Farm Insurance Companies as the first female, minority agent for the company in the middle-Tennessee area. In 1992, Thomasina was transferred and promoted to Atlanta, Georgia as an Agency Manager. In December 1995, Thomasina became the Agency Field Executive for the Metro West Agency Field Office (AFO) in Atlanta, Georgia. In pursuit of personal development Thomasina transferred to Omaha, Nebraska. April 2013 Thomasina retired from State Farm. Today she is President/Owner of Thomasina Skipper Insurance Agency Growth Specialist Consulting Firm
In 2001, Thomasina completed her MBA degree from Kennesaw State University (KSU) with honors. Thomasina holds a license in Property, Casualty, Life, Health and Annuities. She is also NASD licensed for Series 6, 63. She is a Charter Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), a Charter Life Underwriter (CLU®), a Chartered Leadership Fellow® (CLF®), and is currently working on her Chartered Advisor for Senior Living® (CASL®) designation.
Thomasina is involved and an active participant in her local community and industry. She is:
- Past Chairperson of the Urban League of Nebraska Board of Directors
- Past Member of the Board of the Women’s Fund of Omaha
- Past President of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Metropolitan Omaha Chapter
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of GAMA, International
- Current Women in Leadership Taskforce Chairperson
- Board Member of GAMA Foundation
- NAAWLI Fellow 2007-2008
- 2008 Recipient of the GAMA First in Class Award in Leadership
- 22 Year Qualifier for State Farm’s Ambassador Travel Program
- Member of Links, Inc. Omaha Chapter
- Member of three (3) Professional Study Groups
- 2010 Master Multiline Award Winner
- 2010 International Management Award Winner –Diamond Level
- 2013 Cy Pick Awardee of GAMA, International
For her dedication to education and the financial services industry, The American College is proud to honor Thomasina E. Skipper, MBA, ChFC®, CLU®, CLF®, as our January 2014 Alumna of the Month.