To underscore the importance of ethics standards for Huebner School designations, the Board of Trustees adopted a Code of Ethics in 1984. Embodied in the Code are the Professional Pledge and eight Canons.
The Professional Pledge
"In all my professional relationships, I pledge myself to the following rule of ethical conduct: I shall, in light of all conditions surrounding those I serve, which I shall make every conscientious effort to ascertain and understand, render that service which, in the same circumstances, I would apply to myself."
- Conduct yourself at all times with honor and dignity.
- Avoid practices that would bring dishonor upon your profession or The American College.
- Publicize your achievements in ways that enhance the integrity of your profession.
- Continue your studies throughout your working life so as to maintain a high level of professional competence.
- Do your utmost to attain a distinguished record of professional service.
- Support the established institutions and organizations concerned with the integrity of your profession.
- Participate in building your profession by encouraging and providing appropriate assistance to qualified persons pursuing professional studies.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, particularly as they relate to professional and business activities.