Did you know that membership in The American College Alumni Association is completely FREE and comes with many amazing benefits? You may not be aware of all the resources at your fingertips. Take advantage of these benefits today!
As a member of our Alumni Association, you can be listed on our DesignationCheck.com website, so that clients looking for an American College credentialed advisor can locate you and your practice. This resource is FREE, so sign up today to boost your visibility.
Digital Library and Online Resources
Our College library is dedicated to making our resources as accessible to our alumni as possible. Subject areas include estate planning, insurance, retirement planning, taxation, aging, and wealth management. For more information please visit the library website.
Alumni LIVE Events
The American College is coming to a city near you! Our Alumni LIVE events feature continuing education credits, presentations from industry leaders, and networking with hundreds of advisors in your area. Don't miss out on a great opportunity to connect with The American College!
The American College Alumni Association always strives to keep our members informed and educated. With Connections E-Newsletter, we provide our members with updates from The College, as well as important Industry News so you can stay current on what is affecting your industry.
As previously mentioned, membership in the Alumni Association is completely FREE. However, if you do not want to be a member of our Alumni Association, please email: Alumni@TheAmericanCollege.edu to opt out.
Good News—We've Improved Our Site!
We have streamlined the process by which students are admitted to The American College's Alumni Association. Rather than signing up, membership is awarded automatically to students upon registration into the last course of their designation.
Additionally, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) allows The American College to release information about current and former students to other people, organizations, and agencies, such as http://www.designationcheck.com/. However, under FERPA, you have the right to control the release of certain information. To update your FERPA Privacy Settings, follow these easy steps:
1. Click here to access your Student Account.
2. Under the “Online Resources” pane, select “Privacy Settings”.
3. Click “Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions”. This will allow you to make updates to your settings.
4. You’ll see two checkboxes. Based on the selections in each category, your information will be released or restricted. If you would like your information to be displayed in search results, select “Yes, make my name searchable”. If you wish to be removed from the directory, select “Please remove me from the Alumni Assn”. Please note: this will in no way affect your membership in the Alumni Association, it will just remove you from the public directory listing.
5. Click "save," and your selections will be stored.